Friday morning Kirk and I attended a lecture by THE doctor on Jia's condition. He was also the doctor who did her exam on Thursday. She has the worst case scenario for kids with her condition. We were prepared for that, knew that might be the situation. She will have bathroom issues her entire life. However, they can be managed.
She also had to have blood drawn, that was rough but we had a great nurse who drew three tubes in about 30 minutes. Because of what they found in the exam on Thursday she didn't have to go to some of the urology appointments that were scheduled. That was a nice break. We met the doctor again also. He just expanded upon what he had told us on Thursday.
Saturday we went to the Creation Museum, a one-of-a-kind Biblically based museum. It was impressive, but didn't thrill the kids. I'm glad we went but would like to have spend more time. Luckily, we will be in Cincinnati ALOT over the next 10 years so I'm sure I can get back there. We also went to one of the largest supermarkets in the U.S, Jungle Jim's. It was neat and we found some of the girls favorite cookies from China there!
Today, the boys and Kirk headed home to beat the snow that is coming. They arrived safely and are thrilled to be missing school tomorrow. We've had about 2 inches here but it has been really cold. I hope it doesn't snow so much that we can't get home on Friday!
Thank you for all the prayers!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment