I typed the title of this post before I really thought about it. There has been a lot on mind today and it just sort of typed itself. It's also the title of an incredible book by Mary Beth Chapman that I think about often and highly recommend.
Today I woke up at the Ronald McDonald House and realized it was July 1. Then I realized that I will leave Cincinnati to go home no earlier than July 17 (probably not until the 18th) and I got depressed for just a minute. God immediately reminded me that I cannot do this alone but I can do it because He will give me the strength. I know that He lives in me and I know that He can do this.
So today-
-I'm choosing to see that we are here for a long time because Jia has a catheter in place. If she didn't have that catheter we would be going home sooner but with a vesicostomy that would last for year.
-I'm choosing to see that her rash is better and her urine is only slightly pink now!
-I'm choosing to see that we are going home in July. Many of the families around me have been here for months, even years.
-I'm choosng to see all of the love and prayers that have literally surrounded us this entire journey from the first time we saw Jia's face until now.
-I'm choosing to see my other children and the way they love their sister. The boys "fought" about who got to sit beside her in bed today and she loved it. They also tease her because she gets a milkshake everyday (the lipids going in her arm are white and she calls it her milkshake). She told them the other bag had a cheeseburger and french fries in it and they made a big deal about how that wasn't fair. She loved it.
-I'm choosing to see that God's love has been demonstrated to Jia in so many ways. Every time she opens another gift or card she asks, "Why he want me to get better?" What a testimony to explain to her that so many people love her and are praying for her. She has loved every gift and card and they are displayed throughout her room.
-I'm choosing to see that I am blessed to have an amazing husband who takes turns with me taking care of her at the hospital and literally dropped everything to be here even though he only gets paid when he works and I know he is stressed.
-I'm choosing to see that we have the resources to be here with Jia. There are many children here without a parent because they have to go to work and cannot take the time away.
-I'm choosing to see that 2 years ago this Sunday I held a scared little girl in Beijing, China who had no chance of living a normal, healthy life. My God absolutely lead us to her and has used her to bring an incredible amount of joy to our lives.
The list could go on and on. I know there will be days that I will need to be reminded of these things; days when the stress or exhaustion will try to cover up my blessings so I cannot see them. On those days I know Jesus will be right by side lifting me up and erasing those things so I can see just how blessed I am, but just in case you all have permisson to remind me. :)
Love you all!
-
Today I woke up at the Ronald McDonald House and realized it was July 1. Then I realized that I will leave Cincinnati to go home no earlier than July 17 (probably not until the 18th) and I got depressed for just a minute. God immediately reminded me that I cannot do this alone but I can do it because He will give me the strength. I know that He lives in me and I know that He can do this.
So today-
-I'm choosing to see that we are here for a long time because Jia has a catheter in place. If she didn't have that catheter we would be going home sooner but with a vesicostomy that would last for year.
-I'm choosing to see that her rash is better and her urine is only slightly pink now!
-I'm choosing to see that we are going home in July. Many of the families around me have been here for months, even years.
-I'm choosng to see all of the love and prayers that have literally surrounded us this entire journey from the first time we saw Jia's face until now.
-I'm choosing to see my other children and the way they love their sister. The boys "fought" about who got to sit beside her in bed today and she loved it. They also tease her because she gets a milkshake everyday (the lipids going in her arm are white and she calls it her milkshake). She told them the other bag had a cheeseburger and french fries in it and they made a big deal about how that wasn't fair. She loved it.
-I'm choosing to see that God's love has been demonstrated to Jia in so many ways. Every time she opens another gift or card she asks, "Why he want me to get better?" What a testimony to explain to her that so many people love her and are praying for her. She has loved every gift and card and they are displayed throughout her room.
-I'm choosing to see that I am blessed to have an amazing husband who takes turns with me taking care of her at the hospital and literally dropped everything to be here even though he only gets paid when he works and I know he is stressed.
-I'm choosing to see that we have the resources to be here with Jia. There are many children here without a parent because they have to go to work and cannot take the time away.
-I'm choosing to see that 2 years ago this Sunday I held a scared little girl in Beijing, China who had no chance of living a normal, healthy life. My God absolutely lead us to her and has used her to bring an incredible amount of joy to our lives.
The list could go on and on. I know there will be days that I will need to be reminded of these things; days when the stress or exhaustion will try to cover up my blessings so I cannot see them. On those days I know Jesus will be right by side lifting me up and erasing those things so I can see just how blessed I am, but just in case you all have permisson to remind me. :)
Love you all!
-
3 comments:
Oh Cindy - thank you for the reminder that we choose how to view our circumstances. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to "see" your journey and to learn from you.
Praying for you - wish I was closer to Cinnci - I'd come hang out with you!
love-
Karen
Praying praying for your sweet family. So very well said, I know it has to be so hard to know you have weeks before you go home. I am so dreading our week and a half in Cincy(July 18-29), and yes you can laugh at me, not even having major surgery haha!!
This is such a special journey to be on despite the very difficult days, I choose to be thankful that God chose me to be Janie's Mommy:)
Hang in there!!!! Hugs to all of you!!
Awesome testimony Cindy! Thank you for the reminders!! Love ya!
Post a Comment