I truly meant to post earlier it's just hard to find time now that we are back home. So to update everyone on Jia's progress; She still has the catheter in place and thankfully we have not had any problems with it getting clogged. We are having problems with diaper rash. We are not allowed to do her daily enema until one month post-op which means we change A LOT of diapers and her bottom is bleeding from all of the irritation. This issue makes it very hard to leave the house since she has to be changed immediately (usually every hour) and most bathrooms just do not accomodate a 6 year old being changed.
We do not go back to Cincinnati until July 30th for the catheter removal. We are not happy that the catheter will have been 5 weeks when it could've been removed at three. This seems to be a scheduling problem on Cincinnati's end. So we are slowly counting down until we can do her enema (on the 26th) and until the catheter is out (on the 30th). My mom, Lillie Mei, Jia, and I will leave for Cincinnati on the 29th and hopefully return on August 1st. Thank you for your continued prayers!
We do not go back to Cincinnati until July 30th for the catheter removal. We are not happy that the catheter will have been 5 weeks when it could've been removed at three. This seems to be a scheduling problem on Cincinnati's end. So we are slowly counting down until we can do her enema (on the 26th) and until the catheter is out (on the 30th). My mom, Lillie Mei, Jia, and I will leave for Cincinnati on the 29th and hopefully return on August 1st. Thank you for your continued prayers!
1 comments:
Oh my goodness I'm just checking in. I'm so sorry about the diaper rash, that about did me in with Janie. We will be praying for sweet Jia, bless her heart. We arrived in Cincy today and will have Janie's exam under anesthesia in the morning. I'm a spoiled brat and we are staying with my college roommate. Alot of catching up tonight kept my mind off tomorrow:) we are here throug next friday I'll let you know what dr Levitt says on Friday!
Post a Comment