"I want to be a nurse." Those words have NEVER, EVER come from my mouth. I faint at the sight of blood, I vomit when others vomit, I don't do medical stuff well. Today, however, because God gave me what I needed, I catheterized my child. I know I do enemas almost every day but I was really nervous about this for some reason. Jia screamed, she held her legs together, it took 3 other people to hold her down and help keep her occupied, but we got it done. I held it together and didn't even cry when it was over and I was alone. Praise God because seriously, I don't do this stuff well. We go back to the clinic at 1:00 to do it again. :)
The urologist was very pleased when he removed the permanent catheter this morning. He said everything healed nicely. He also said we might not have to cath permanently but we will for now. We will cath every 3-4 hours during the day and can go 8-10 hours at night. We see him again Wednesday and will discuss the plan for more testing to see how her bladder is doing. She can swim starting tomorrow and is all cleared to go to the beach on Saturday!!!!
The urologist was very pleased when he removed the permanent catheter this morning. He said everything healed nicely. He also said we might not have to cath permanently but we will for now. We will cath every 3-4 hours during the day and can go 8-10 hours at night. We see him again Wednesday and will discuss the plan for more testing to see how her bladder is doing. She can swim starting tomorrow and is all cleared to go to the beach on Saturday!!!!
1 comments:
Praying for Jia and for the catheter situation. Love in Christ!
Post a Comment