Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday, July 9th- Great Wall

Everyone woke up happy and well-rested this morning.  There were no more tears from Jia.  We went down to breakfast and once again she ate everything we gave her.  The only thing she has tried that she didn't like was Sprite.  She only drinks water, which is easy enough.
After breakfast we met our guide for the 2 hour drive to the Great Wall.  On the way we stopped at a jade factory.  We knew from last time that we wouldn't be buying anything.  The factories they take us to seem to be "required" by the government.  Tons of tourists are there and everything is extremely high.  The girls do not need to be around anything breakable so we tried to stay away from the store.
The Great Wall was very crowded and hot.  Kirk and the girls only climbed to the first "tower" because it is very steep and uneven.  The last time we visited I stayed back with Zeke while Kirk and Harrison went up.  Today was my turn to go up and it was tough!  I definitely need to get back to the gym when I get home!  I was quite motivated to keep going by the women at least twice my age who were climbing it. 
Afterwards, we went to the Cloisonne Factory where we had lunch and shopped.  Again, everything was overpriced but I did buy the girls each a bracelet which they love.  When we arrived back at the hotel Kirk put the girls down for a nap.  Jia didn't cry and fell asleep pretty quickly.  Lillie Mei fought it for a while but is now asleep. 
Later we head to dinner and then to Wal-Mart to buy a few things.  I am finally caught up on the blog :) and will try to post one more time before I go to bed.
Thank you all for sharing in our blessing!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Love the pictures! Taylor and Jeff are at the Wangfujing. She said her VPN is not working there at all. So she cannot access her blog either. It worked fine in Xian. Maybe you'll have better luck with it in Guangzhou.

gretabrook said...

thank you for allowing all of us to follow along and giving my girls visual evidence that their prayers are heard and answered. the first thing they wanted to do was check the blog this morning. Amelia was tickled to see the girls wearing their sunglasses and she likes their dresses! hope you all sleep well.

Unknown said...

We are so happy you guys are getting through your trip so smoothly. I've enjoyed looking at your pix and sharing your adventure. Jia is beautiful!!! Lillie Mei seems to be so sweet and caring toward her. Clint and I are praying for your safe travels and restful SLEEP!!! lol
I will continue to check in and think of you often.
Clint & Gina

Post a Comment