After my last post yesterday I thought I would rest for a few minutes before we had to go to dinner at 6:00. I got in bed at 5:10 and woke up to the phone ringing at 6:00. It was our guide waiting for us in the lobby! We quickly woke everyone up at were downstairs about 10 minutes later.
After dinner we took a cab to Wal-Mart. The last time we were here our guide took our group to Wal-Mart but this time they just wrote down where it was so we could give it to the taxi driver. The concierge got the taxi for us and it cost us about $3 for a 20 minute ride. We bought some things we needed and were done at 9:20. Kirk then had to stand in the rain for over 30 minutes trying to get a cab to take us back to the hotel. The girls and I (with all of our groceries) stood under a covered bicycle parking area. It was very frustrating and a little frightenting. When we finally got a cab Jia fell in the mud trying to get to it and kept saying something over and over. I finally was able to get a wipe and clean her up. She doesn't like for her hands to be dirty. The driver wouldn't take us all (we have the Racine family with us) so Tracy, her daughter, my girls and I rode in one cab while Russ and Kirk tried to get another one. They made it back just a couple of minutes after us. We finally made it back to the hotel, bathed the girls and got in bed around midnight. The girls never knew anything was stressful about the situation. Thankfully Jia didn't shed a tear yesterday! She is doing so well and we are truly grateful.
I attached 2 more pictures from yesterday. One is of Jia sleeping at naptime. She sucks on 2 of her fingers, very cute. The other is of the girls going to sleep last night. They got so silly. They literally laugh to communicate with each other.
We truly appreciate your prayers, God has answered so many of them. Love you all!
|
Friday, July 9, 2010
Friday, July 9th- Wal-mart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
SO happy you are doing so WELL!!!!! I am loving the blog!!!! Praying for all!!
Post a Comment