Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Monday, July 19th-Part 2

Other than the medical exam, today was another uneventful day.  We shopped some, reviewed all of our paper work with our guide, and went to dinner then to bed.  Jia has now started teasing us when we say "I love you" in Chinese.  She says it back but then makes a spitting sound like, whatever.  She says "Wi I ni, Mei Mei," which means I love Lillie Mei but makes the sound when she says it about one of us.  She also started dancing which is hysterical.  She laughs all the time. 

We are still calling her by her Chinese name with Jia at the beginning or the end so we say Xiaoyan Jia or Jia Xiaoyan to get her attention. The best way to explain how to pronounce her name is Shou as in shout and yan with "a" sounding like the "a" in tall. I have just called her Jia a few times and she has responded so hopefully we will drop that soon.  Her legal name after we land on Friday will be Jia-Li Xiao Wilkerson. 

Sorry I don't have pictures.  My camera batteries keep dying and Kirk fried the re-charger.  I have to buy some tonight.  I will hopefully have pictures from Tuesday because we are going on dinner cruise.  Pray Jia doesn't climb over the rail, not kidding, she is a whirlwind!

0 comments:

Post a Comment