Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, July 12th- Appointments

Today we had to leave at 9:00 to begin a day of appointments.  We started at the Civil Affairs office where we found out our picture we took last week had to be re-taken.  We left there and headed back to the photo store then back to the Civil Affiaris office to get our official adoption decree.
From there we went to the notary's office to get more documents.  We spent almost 2 hours there waiting and entertaining the girls.  Jia was in rare form in the waiting room.  I think she is frustrated because she cannot communicate well with us.  Baby steps....
From the notary office we headed to the police station to apply for her passport.  The orphanage director had to meet us there because Jia is not officially ours yet.  She still had to be the one to apply for the passport.  This is a different lady than the one who cried when Jia left.  I was carrying Jia and she told Jia to get down.  Jia did so quickly and without a smile on her face.  She is obviously capable of obeying but I saw a little of her spirit leave her as well.  I am sure the orphanage has to be run very strictly to make that many kids behave.  She also brought us more pictures from Jia's birthday.  Jia loves those pictures and talks to them as she looks at them.  Thankfully they gave us the CD with the pictures on it so I can let her carry those around as much as she wants.  We fnally finished all of the appointments around 1:00 and headed to lunch.
We decided the girls really needed naps today so after we got in the room we got Lillie Mei in bed and Jia immediately climbed in the stroller.  After a few minutes she started crying and asking us to talk her for a walk.  We told her no but offered to pick her up.  She refused to let us pick her up.  She actually screamed for a minute or two.  After less than 10 minutes of crying she fell asleep.  I think we are making progress!
Kirk and both girls are asleep now.  Our guide is having Pizza Hut pizza delivered to our room for dinner!!  We may try to go swimming later. 
We have had another answer to prayer in that our fees have been lower than budgeted.  The extra money is quite a blessing since we brought very little spending money. 
Thanks for your prayers and comments!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Cindy,
You're doing a great job coping in China! Don't worry about being on display--God wants you there and He will carry you through the trip! You are handling things beautifully! I love following along...praying

Robin said...

Not being able to communicate with her does play a big role in her behavior. The hardest part is not being able to talk with them. We had a difficult time with Jacob because of the language barrier. I look forward everyday to reading your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Bobbi said...

I tried to leave you a comment yesterday, but it would not post. I wanted to tell you that Lillie cried at bed time every night in China. She would do fine all day long...and as soon as she could tell that we were getting ready for bed, she would start to cry..hard and loud! ;)

I am praying for you all! I look so forward to reading your blog each day!!!

Post a Comment