Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, July 12- Part 2

There really isn't much to report since my last post because I slept most of that time.  When the pizza arrived the girls were still asleep.  Kirk and I ate in peace and quiet (the pizza was OK and a nice change).  After we woke the girls, I paid our bills online and started feeling really tired.  I slept from about 7:00 p.m. until almost 5 a.m. this morning.  Kirk was wonderful and took the girls for ice cream, gave them a bath, and put them to bed.  I woke up for brief periods but was no help at all.  Jia fell asleep in the stroller again and then Kirk moved her to the bed.  She is still asleep now at 7:30 in the morning. 
Part of her sleepiness may be because he gave her Benadryl.  She still has the rash on her face.  Hopefully, the Benadryl will help it today.  The orphanage director said she had never had it before and it looks like an allergic reaction to something.
Today we are going to the zoo.  I think the girls will love it and we are all excited to see the pandas!  
 Please pray that we receive Jia's shot records.  The orphanage director did not bring it to our appointment on Thursday.  We asked for it and she said she would bring it yesterday but forgot it.  She is now supposed to send it to the hotel.  If we don't get that record, Jia will have to have every shot that a 5 year old in America would have to have.  She will get them all in one day!   The shot record should keep her from getting several shots.  We are very thankful that they did give us a TB test report so hopefully we can avoid that test.  Not only are all of these painful for Jia, we don't want her to receive so many in one day since she could have a reaction to any of them.  Depending on the number of shots, the medical exam will also cost us anywhere from $100-$600.  This a new U.S. requirement since we adopted Lillie Mei.  We were allowed to get her shots when we got home, now the children have to be vaccinated prior to entering the U.S.  We really need that record!

3 comments:

Merrill said...

Praying that you get the shot record and don't have to do ALL those shots! I don't understand the "catch kids up" all at once approach that is taken by the embassy now.

Shannon said...

argh....praying for those records!!!!!

Bobbi said...

I wIll be praying that the records get there!! I DO NOT like that new requirement at all. :/

Post a Comment